This recipe surprised me, they taste reaally good! I made about 2 cups of Cauliflower Wings with this recipe, but you could easily double or triple it. (I used frozen cauliflower the first time I made it, and it was good. However, if you really want good “wings” buy fresh cauliflower – it comes out much better.) Cauliflower Hot Wings: Preheat oven to 425 F-450 F (depending on your oven)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup water (you can add a little more water for a thinner “paste”)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or more, you could also use fresh and mince it)
Mix together and coat the cauliflower. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Hot Sauce: Mix 3/4 cup hot sauce* and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Coat over cooked cauliflower and put back in oven for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy! * Hot Sauce I didn’t have enough hot sauce, so I made a version of sweet and sour and added the hot sauce that I had.
- 2-3 tbsp. sugar (you can use more, but I didn’t want a lot of sugar)
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 6 tbsp. water
- 1-2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. flour, more or less (to thicken)
- 1-2 tbsp. hot sauce (you can omit this, if you would rather “sweet and sour” sauce)
Mix all ingredients in small sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. (Doesn’t take long, you could keep the heat down to avoid burning.) Coat the cauliflower, and put back in oven.